Wondering how to make your brand a household name? The first step is building awareness.
In a marketplace filled with an eye-watering number of eager-beaver business owners, driving recognition is more important than ever before. Read on and discover how to stay top of mind while boosting your bottom line.
1. Know Your Audience
Have you ever been faced with an entirely irrelevant ad while scrolling through Instagram? The experience is either memorable for all the wrong reasons or forgotten almost immediately. That’s why it’s so critical to understand your target audience, so you can create content that speaks directly to their needs.
Who is your ideal customer and how can you solve their problem?
When you have a clear target audience, you can focus your marketing efforts and spend those precious pennies more wisely. Eventually, you become an expert in that specific group of consumers, which makes every decision easier and each action more effective.
In order to know how best to appeal to an audience, you first have to get to know them as people… Only then are you equipped to consider how your brand can improve their lives, what marketing messages will speak to them, and the best ways to catch and keep their attention. (Outbrain)
2. Create Your Brand Story & Voice
Once you know who you’re talking to, you must communicate in a way that instantly resonates with those people. This is the fun bit! Spend some time deciding whether your brand is playful, witty, sassy, sensible or even something else.
What feels true for you?
Next, tell your story and spread your message by producing content that educates, inspires and entertains. Get creative with different formats, such as video, blogging, infographics and podcasting.
These mediums allow you to capture attention, build authority and generate engagement via likes, mentions, comments and shares that ultimately boost brand awareness.
3. Choose the Right Channels
There’s never been a more exciting time to build a brand because there are so many options at your fingertips! Here are some channels we rate at Rev4:
- Collaborations: Co-create content with reputable businesses that offer complementary services. This is a free and easy way to increase trust and get your brand in front of new eyes (their audience!).
- Influencers: In much the same way, working with influencers boosts trust and exposure. You get instant access to a relevant audience that already values the opinion of the individual who will be backing your brand.
- Word of mouth incentives: 92% of people trust recommendations from friends and family. 88% of people trust online customer reviews. Want to use these stats to your advantage? Set up a referral program, promote user-generated content and remember to respond to all reviews.
- Pay-per-click advertising: Introduce your brand to your ideal customers through targeted ads that feature your name, logo and products or services. Encourage people to learn more by exploring a lead capture offer – or to engage with your content.
Additionally, we recommend the tried and tested channels such as social media, email, webinar and search engine marketing to name a few.
4. Consistently Publish, Measure, Tweak
Unfortunately for some, marketing is not a “one and done” kind of activity. You need to stick at it if you want to experience life-changing results and long-term success.
The good news is, consistency doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
If you create a plan, follow through on your promise and test (don’t guess!) along the way, you’ll see those initial building blocks create the perfect platform for your brand’s ascension to icon status – we know it.
Just remember to keep refining and reassessing as times, trends and technology change. We won’t all be lip-syncing in TikTok videos forever!
Need some inspiration and direction for your next brand awareness campaign? We’ve got you covered. Our experts know what’s hot and how to turn ideas into action that generates results. Get in touch to get started today.